MISSOURI COUNCIL OF ADMINISTRATORS OF SPECIAL EDUCATION
What is MO-CASE?
MO-CASE is a subdivision of the Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE), which is a subdivision of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC). MO-CASE is dedicated to the professional development and support of administrators of special education within Missouri's educational settings.
Please click here below to watch the
The purpose of MO-CASE is:
1) To promote professional leadership among special educators.
2) To promote the study of issues common to is members.
3) To communicate, though discussion and publications, information that will assist in the development of improved services for exceptional children in the State of Missouri.
4) To participate actively in the improvement and expansion of special education programs in the State of Missouri.
MO-CASE provides supports and resources to all Special Education Directors in Missouri. MO-CASE achieves this through the following activities:
1) Newsletter - MO-CASE publishes and distributes a quarterly newsletter that provides information on events and developments in the area of special education.
2) Conferences - MO-CASE hosts the Fall Special Education Administrators' Conference and also co-sponsors, in conjunction with the Thomeczek Law Firm, the Spring Law Conference/Distinguished Speaker's Series.
3) Scholarships - MO-CASE manages a scholarship fund, the Charles Cummings Scholarship. Each year, up to five $1,000 scholarships are awarded to those who are working on special education certification or degrees.